Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Normalcy?

We are all feeling a little better today. I think this is because I am feeling like a small bit of normalcy is returning. Very small still, but maybe we are getting the hang of this. It is so hard to believe that it has been just about a month. I was soo soo happy this morning when Ally sat on the floor and played with her baby sister. Of course, they were playing doctor with all of her stuffed animals. We even had a port with tubing coming out of her big teddy bear that Pastor Gil gave her . Hey, that is her life right now, I was just happy she was doing something.


After lunch, I finally convinced her to go to the pool. Ok, maybe I TOLD her we were going to the pool. Again, I want Evan and Carly to have some sense of normalcy, but I do have to be considerate of Ally's general feeling of the day. Compromising is the name of the game. So we went for about two hours! She sat under an umbrella with Madison and gave manicures to almost everyone at the pool (including boys). She had a few snacks and made a beaded necklace. It was hot too! We had a little fan going on her. At one point, for maybe 5 or 10 minutes, she got into the pool on a raft. I floated her all around and she said it felt good. Baby steps......


I know this all seems very very normal. Nothing too exciting. But normalcy is what we are striving for. I would love to have some predictability to my days, but I do not. (Other than the fact that I am either in my bubble or in the very-diluted-of-germs outside air)


Speaking of my bubble...lots of people are stopping by the house. And that is all good by me. I love to be around people. However, I have totally had to throw the notion that my house will be neatly picked up out the window. People are just gonna have to see what a house looks like when I am playing nurse to a leukemia patient, while also caring for a 4 year old and a 2 year old. It is not pretty. But that's ok, I am getting used to it. It is just a warning to all potential visitors. I am typically organized, but not right now. I almost fell over today when I opened up my coat closet. This is where my laundry chute empties into a hamper. The hamper is overflowing...there is about 2 feet of laundry on the top...then I look up and notice that laundry has backed up about halfway into the chute! Please, no offers to do my laundry!! I am not asking for help, just laughing at how we all just have to roll with it. On that note, I better go help my lovely husband who is currently folding laundry.




Keep praying for more days like today. And for that MRD to be less than .01% Day 28 is coming quickly.

PS...I am seeing that I have 96 official "followers" to this blog. However I know there are many more people lurking behing the scenes, which is fine. But I am hoping to get my followers number to over 100. Who will be number 100?

10 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you had a very unexciting, normal-ish day - that is what you need now! I have been praying that would happen to you guys so I am glad to hear(even if these days are sporadic, you know it could creep up and surprise you any other day too!) I thought Ally has a very cute haircut, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me smile that you are almost apologizing for not having an immaculate house....this might be a pot calling the kettle black, but please don't try to be a perfectionist anymore. I'm so happy you made it to the pool. I miss pool days. Ally's hair looks fantastic. And if it all goes away, that will eventually be "normal" for that period of time too.
    P.S. My laundry looks like yours, and I'm just doing laundry for two of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Normal is good!!!!!
    Aunt C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pic. in the pool! I also loved hanging out at the ballgame with you last night. Little Evan did so well. You are a good mommy and Ally, Evan and Carly are BLESSED to have you. God knew EXACTLY the mother these kiddlings would need - so He handpicked YOU. I, also, am blessed to be your friend. LOVE YOU...praying for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janel,

    I just want you to know that we are praying and thinking of you all everyday. Please let me know if there is a day that would be good for Emma and I to stop by.

    Please remember this:

    God gives us all crosses to bear in life. Embrace them and take ownership of them. They will define our character in the eyes of the Lord.

    God Bless,
    Michelle and Emma

    ReplyDelete
  6. So great to see everyone at the pool. I hope things can get more and more "normal" everyday. We are all praying especially hard for the MRD. I'm asking all of those I know that I think have a more direct line than me to pray, too!!

    Tell Ally I am desperately in need of a manicure, so maybe she can help me out when we see her!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll tell you what love looks like...Love looks like a half dozen little boys walking out of a pool with bright orange finger nails and toenails because they let ally paint them. I have never been more proud or grateful to live in a community like this one....Ally Mr. Mike, Nick and Joe will take orange nails anytime you like.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. It made me smile to see Ally in the pool and to know that so many of my Valley kids now have such lovely fingernails! I think of you and pray for you every day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing you all at the pool and hearing about that fabulous group of people you are surrounded by! I think both you and Ally got great cuts, and you're right, she has always had great hair, it will be so exciting to see how it grows back if it's any different or not! Just keep remembering, as Owen is currently singing from VBS, when you get down, He lifts you up. Sounds like that's what today was, God trying to lift you up from the pain of reliving the hair loss. We keep praying for more 'uplifted' moments, and for Ally tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look, you're at 110! I'm sure more by the time you see this comment! =)

    ReplyDelete