Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Special Video


Blogger friends:  I know I have been neglectful.  I know I used to put info out here almost daily and now I am lucky to post once a week.  I know this has made some of you sad, and yet some of you happy.  For those of you that have been wanting more....I worked all night tonight on a video/photo slideshow of Ally's last spinal tap at the hospital.  With Dr Broxson's permission (of course) he left me document the day of her very last spinal tap and chemo infusion through her port.  You might wonder why on Earth I would want pictures of this??  A video montage, really?  The reason is mostly for Ally.  The entire 28 months she never remembered one minute of her spinals.  This was the way it was supposed to be and I never wanted her to know what was going on because I never wanted any FEAR to enter the picture on her part.  But the truth is that she was curious as to what happened.  And she deserves to know.  And one day, a long time from now I pray, she will look back on this with pride and strength and gratitude.  She has seen the pictures, but not yet this video (it is midnight right now!)

And the music is specially picked.  Katy Perry (one of our faves) and her song Firework.  If you have never seen the video, view it next!  She features a kid battling cancer.

But the video is not just for her.  It is for me.  And her Dad.  And her brother and sister someday.  And for anyone else out there in the blogosphere who just wants to know what a spinal tap is.  And how a little girl looks while going through it.  But for most of you it will just be to see Ally....doing something that she did I believe over 20 times.

Please watch!  Because I spent three hours making it and a bunch of my day taking pictures for it!

And I pray we never have to do this again.  Amen.

8 comments:

  1. Well if that does not put a failing levy into prospective - I am not sure what does. Tears flowing down my face the entire time. You think you know what you all have gone through being a friend and neighbor, but we truly have no idea! I am so glad it is behind you - forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you God for the talented doctors and nurses that got Ally and her parents through such a horrible time. Like Kim....for me, this was a much-needed reminder to be thankful for just being here and having this relatively uncomplicated day.

    Many prayers from me for a happy, healthy Ally from here on out. I am forever blessed to have met the Barnett family, and my heart is forever changed after following Ally's story and watching this video. Great job all-around, Janel.

    Laurie H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, yeah, got me crying too. Hate that she ever had to do that, but thanking God she never remembers. And of course, LOVE the last part! I know everyone was anxious to meet Camden when we got home, but I said, nope, Ally gets dibs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done Janel. Truly moving and sad and wonderful all at the same time. I know someday she'll see it and feel the love and empowerment that she can overcome so many things.
    Congratulations to you Melissa! Camden is beautiful!Hope you are doing well too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic, Janel. Really. Ally is a rock star, but we already knew that. And so are the rest of you. This is a great gift for all of you. Thanks for sharing, everything, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Looking forward to many, many years of good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, you did a great job... I can't stop crying. I am so happy she made it thru, and that all is great. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done Janel!!! Thanks for sharing Ally's journey with us. She is such an inspiration! May God continue to bless you all and keep your little girl healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crying again . . . as I have so many times throughout this two year (plus) journey. You are strong, courageous, loving and wonderful. God Bless all of you and thank you for sharing this. My son had a test done last week at our local children's hospital and all I could think of was you and Ally. My son is fine, but as a parent watching your kiddo go through anything painful is gut-wrenching. You have inspired me to be strong as a person and most especially as a mother to our two sons. Hugs to you always, Janel.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete