Thursday, January 13, 2011

Piano Concerto

I thought some of Ally's Army might like a little video performance by Ally on her piano. She had asked for years to try it. We started lessons back in September. She has been a quick learner, as she had no experience at all. Her teacher is really wonderful. She goes to the Piano Preparatory School. Ally's Mom is unable to help, but would also like to take lessons at some point. Anyway, I thought some of the family would like a short concert (and also to see her ever-growing-longer-and curlier hair). The piano was actually my Mom and Dad's piano (but they didn't play either) but I feel very blessed to now have it in my home.

We are heading to the clinic tomorrow for chemo. We should be there almost all day with her IVIG infusion and antibiotic infusion also scheduled. Her stomach is a bit better but still hurt pretty much all month. We will discuss with Dr B. Her cough is better thanks to Dr Matt and good old amoxicilian.

13 comments:

  1. A beautiful concert from a beautiful curly-haired doll. Ally you looked so pretty when you turned and smiled. I never had the chance to learn to play any musical instrument when I was a little girl and you did so good for starting in September! Keep up the good work and glad you are feeling better. I pray for you every night that you will be well and strong. Grandma of 4 in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it--but I love her so it is not surprising!! BamBam will be so proud. She has always wanted a piano player in the family. Good thoughts with you today as always!
    Aunt Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. At last I am so happy that Ally is enjoying the piano. I loved the concert and the curls are beautiful. Keep playing Ally.
    Love, Bam Bam

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great job Ally is doing learning to play piano! Her curls are beautiful too! Thinking of you today and hoping Ally's treatment went well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic!!!!!!!! Seriously, great. So elegant, and I'm not trying to be cheesy. I love her hair. Curls are the coolest (even if they don't seem like it when you're a teenager). I'm really hoping your day today went as quickly and as well as possible. thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved Ally's concert AND Carly's singing in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it sounded as beautiful as she is! love her smile at the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the concert, especially how she turned at smiled at you at the end! Hoping yesterday went well and that you'll be out sledding or having fun this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome show, and the smile at the end was priceless, it made me smile and brought tears to my eyes. I love her hair, good luck with the next treatment. One more finished, great job. Take care, I also loved hearing Carly in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Watching that made my day! What a special girl. Love the HAIR. O my goodness is it full and lovely. Thanks for sharing the concert and BRAVO, Ally!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very Sweet, enjoyed the concert, as well as the wonderful little singer in the background. Janel, thank for sharing. Will be thinking of you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite is the great big smile at the end!

    Have a good day tomorrow. I hope all of her symptoms from winter crud go away. It's always so hard to tell what's what when chemo is involved. Always thinking of you and praying!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful concert by a beautiful girl! Thanks for posting. Ally, you have learned so much already! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete