Saturday, January 16, 2010

Still going strong.

Just a quick update. Ally is really doing well the last couple days. As I have said on here repeatedly, it just amazes me how once she starts bouncing back she really bounces back. She is really feeling good. Yesterday, she was actually chasing her brother around the house. To see her run, can just make me so happy. I knew she was feeling good when I saw that. She has done two days of tutoring that amounted to three days of school. Another plus. She also went next door to the Finn's house and played with several of the neighborhood kids over there. And she had a wonderful time. It is always good to get her out of the confines of these walls. In fact, we are getting ready to take her out to dinner (just a quick one). We are grateful for these good days.

All day today I have spent praying for some friends of ours whose son was seriously injured in a car accident. I just keep thinking about them every minute and have spent a good part of the day crying. Life is so not fair sometimes. I don't know what it is like to experience a sudden accident like that, but I do know what it feels like to face the fears and face the doctors and try to live on adrenaline and how your life can change in an instant. Anytime a child is involved it is just so hard. Please say some extra prayers for them as you pray for all the kids tonight. I've been holding my kids especially close today.

No comments:

Post a Comment