Sunday, October 18, 2009

Kickin it up a Notch

My worry level is up a few notches. Ally is not doing so well. She has been asleep since about 8pm last night (and it is now 2:30pm the next day). I am not sure why she is sleeping so much. She has never done this. I am not sure if she is coming down with something or if the chemo is just hitting her harder or what. She does not have a fever, which is good, but wondering if something is brewing. About the only time she is awake is when she goes to the bathroom, and she is usually crying and saying her belly hurts. They gave her some benadryl for her belly (I guess that works?)...if I would have known I would not have let them do it. The nurse told me after she did it. Benadryl just knocks people out, me especially. I remember getting some when I was younger and my mom saying she thought I had some sort of allergy to it because it knocked me out so much. But she was asleep before they even gave it to her, so I just don't know.

Send some prayers that she bounces back. If she does, they may let her go home tomorrow. As of right now, I don't think she will be going anywhere. After the chemo is done (about another hour to go) they are going to tranfuse her with some blood. Maybe that will perk her up.

My worry level is high.

9 comments:

  1. Sorry you are having such a worry filled day. Hoping and praying tomorrow is better. Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry it's been such a hard go this time. I'm praying that she perks up, the face book picture said it all.
    Way to go Evan, hope someone recorded it for you! LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you Janel and your sweet Ally. Hopeing tomorrow is a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so very hard not to worry when you're just sitting there - especially when you are in a mother's skin. We are just born worriers. Benedryl causes anyone to be sleepy. Yeah for Evan, just wish you could have seen it! Praying for better days this week. Remember - your strength is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janel...

    Sending strong juju your way...and hoping all calms down soon....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Janel, I'll spend the evening praying for Ally to perk up. I know it must be a hard thing for you to watch. Hope the nurses have some words of comfort for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying that all that time asleep is just her body working hard on healing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ditto to everyone's comments above. I am sure Ally is sleeping because her little body is working so hard to heal right now. Benadryl is a powerful medication-- my own mom can't take it because it makes her so tired. That combined with the chemo must account for the sleepiness. I am with you in spirit and prayer.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mothers were born to worry. It is ok, but sleep is the best healer, it really is. I know that is tough when you are just sitting there watching, but her body is fighting to heal. Extra prayers for you---get some sleep yourself, if you can.

    ReplyDelete