Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ally has had a fairly good day. I can tell her legs are really bothering her though. The leg/hip pain is a pretty severe. I have also noticed that both of her big toes are pointing inward now. Pretty noticeably. I am going to talk to the doctor about that. She went and gave a blood sample today so we will see what her ANC and other levels are tomorrow. I am hoping she does not need any blood products. I am thankful to have a Friday without treatment, but I realize that we paid for it last week with four days in the hospital.

I have to say I love the staff at the Beavercreek testing center. They see us walk in the door, don't even make us register, take her right back to the room and do her test. Even though other people were waiting. They want her in these facilities as little as possible, because a lot of sick and germy people are in there getting tested for flu, etc. SO I really really appreciate that they make her time in the germ zone as quick as possible. And we also love our kind blood drawer there named Mona. Both of my girls love her.

This is a quick post. Mommy and Daddy Barnett are quite tired. Ally is still getting up a lot at night and then we also tend to spend every minute at home trying to get something productive done before we are confined to the hospital again. We rarely get to bed before midnight and rise at 6:30 every day. After a while it just wears on us.

Thanks again to everyone who is walking, volunteering to help, donating, you name it. We are really making an IMPACT and isn't that what life is all about?

5 comments:

  1. Wow. Missing two days on the blog is like missing two weeks in your daily life. The tournament sounded amazing and I am STUNNED by the total you have raised so far. My little bit is but a drop in the bucket . . .

    Though I have not been in touch daily since my grandmother fell ill, you are ALWAYS in my prayers and thoughts.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy a Friday 'off'! Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and your family. Have a good time at the walk on Thursday. I wish I could go! Can't wait to read about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here are positive thoughts for good counts and better days for Ally and more sleep for the rest of you. Without sleep things get really tough to deal with. Have a great Friday and I just wished there was more that we could all do, but know that a great deal has been accomplished and it is because of your family and your sweet Ally. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! $20,000 raised! Holy smokes - that's awesome! I'm glad to be a part of it. Hope Ally is feeling a little better.

    ReplyDelete