Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Not again.

Well I asked you all to pray for Bill, thinking he had weeks left to live. I had no idea whatsoever that his time was so short. He passed away last night....just hours after I mentioned it on the blog. He was an amazing man and I am so glad to have known him. He was one of those people that was just so full of life that it is hard to imagine him gone. He could fix anything, give you directions to anywhere, tell you anything you wanted to know about fast cars and/or boats....and he loved his family and grandchildren so much and always had a proud look on his face when you talked to him about it. He was too young. I last saw him when I was last in Cleveland...at the Cleveland Clinic with my Mom. My mom was in a crazy 13 hour long surgery to remove her bladder and he just drove down to the hospital and sat with me in the lobby with Lisa...and they helped me pass the time and told me it would all be ok. Well today and everyday I am just sick of cancer. Sick of what it does to so many people that I know. Sick of what it did to my mom. And Bill. Even my Dad had cancer (but survived). My Uncle. My Aunt. And now my daughter. And 100's of other people that I could personally list off right now. Why can't they find a cure? When? Why aren't people up in arms over this? Oh I know. Because they are tired. Of fighting cancer.

On Friday, I am heading to Cleveland to see my friend Lisa. I wish I could take it away from her, but I can't. As is the case with everything, I rely on my one motto that gets me through most days: at least we have each other. Friends and family are what gets us through.

Rest in Peace Captain Bill. I know you are pain free now and enjoying every minute of heaven. There is no speed limit there. We love you.

5 comments:

  1. Darnit! I was afraid of seeing this news, I figured it would come but hopefully later rather than sooner. Feel so bad for Lisa. I can't even describe how much I hate this disease...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janel.I am so sorry for your friend and for you.My father passed away 2 wks to the day Michael and I were married.I was young and did not understand how God could take a man who was 46. Even now it would be just as hard to lose a parent and I am much older. I guess my point is no matter how old we are it is still our parents and they should live FOREVER. I have been thinking of your family alot lately. Not only did you lose your precious Mother but now your sweet daughter is fighting cancer.
    I want you to know that you are an inspiration to me and I am thankful I asked you about your bracelet in pharmacy that day or I would of have never got to know you..
    I hope you have a blessed week and that God gives your family some peace with this stinkin disease.

    Love, Cathy O'dell

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts and prayers are with you always, Janel.

    A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janel,

    I am Jill Metzger's daughter, and have known the wonderful Barnett family for most of my life. I live in Cleveland so if there is anything I can do for you while you are here, please let me know.

    You are wonder woman and I have no clue how you do it.

    Lots of love to all of you,
    Maria Good

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janel, thoughts and prayers to you and to your friend Lisa. Even though we know they are at a better place, it does not make it any easier. Always hang onto those little things, a tea party, singing in the shower, whatever it is, because it is those things that get us all over those big hills. Be safe in your journey and together, we are stronger than this rotten disease. We love you!

    ReplyDelete