Thursday, May 5, 2011

Piano Recital



I wanted to share Ally's first piano recital with you. I think her song (called Starfish at Night) is only 40 seconds or so...but I thought she did a really nice job. It is hard to get up on stage in front of a group of people and she has only been playing the piano since September. I know from personal experience it is hard to learn piano too! We were very proud of our daughter, who looked so grown up that day. And in typical Ally-fashion....she said she was not nervous at all. Man it takes a lot to rattle that girl! I am still not sure what does!


She has been feeling okay. Some belly pain, as usual. I did take her to get counts again last Friday and she shot back up to 3500. Again, they want the number about 1500. So, we will see what the doctor says. I am feeling more and more convinced that she needs more chemo because she has gained some weight. The dosage they started last summer was based on her weight then...and I think she is up about 10 pounds. We can thank her lovely steroids for that. They never seem to leave her system, even though she takes them 5 days out of every 28. She has such such trouble sleeping and is always hungry and begging for food. Usually food that is not healthy. I definitely try not to give in on this, but sometimes she gets the best of me. After all that she has been through, and knowing the meds are causing it, I have trouble saying no sometimes. But I do think we do a pretty good job...all things considered. She wants to start swimming again for the summer season and the doctor thinks that is the best thing for her. In fact he told me if she was not swimming, he might go ahead and put her into some physical therapy because of her joint pain/tightness, etc. So I am hoping the swimming just works out.


Believe it or not, we are back at the hospital tomorrow (Friday). 28 days just comes so fast. It is a regular chemo day, but a bit shorter as she won't be getting the IVIG immunity infusion now that we are out of the sick months. We will see what Dr Broxson says about these ANC numbers. I am feeling less worried about it, even though they went up, because they seem to be hovering in the same area.


Will update more after our hospital visit tomorrow....

8 comments:

  1. Hoping today goes well and that you get some resolution about the ANC numbers.
    Tell Alli she did great on the piano!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - Ally, that is spectacular! I need to keep practicing (A LOT) so I can play like you. You looked beautiful....and so grown up. Thank you Janel for sharing that. :)

    I will be thinking of you all today. I am glad that being out of the sick months means today's visit is maybe a little bit easier.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Ally! You will make BamBam very happy.
    Love you,
    Aunt Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love that! Ally did so well! She took her time, didn't rush, and played the higher notes just the right "softness". I could see in my mind's eye starfish swimming and gliding through the water! SO proud of her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Ally that was so beautiful. You were so professional. I am so proud of you. Please keep up the good work.
    Love you,

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should add fantastic pianist to Ally's already staggering resume. She played so well! Definitely a time to be very proud. Hope yesterday went as well as it possible could. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a performance, what a great Mother's Day!! She looked so grownup all dressed up and composed. How does she do that. Congrats to all of you, it was wonderful. Hope you did well at the hospital. Keep us posted, I really appreciate it. Take care and the best to all of you and your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BRAVO! BRAVO! Great job Miss Ally!!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete