Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mid week update

It's been a bad week for Ally. She has suffered most of the week with a terrible headache. I believe it is from the steroids but cannot be certain. Tylenol won't even budge it, so I actually dug out the vicodin. We tried that yesterday and today. I hate to resort to that, but it does help her a little bit. After the four hours wears off....the headache comes right back. Her stomach seems a little better or maybe it is just one thing overtaking the other. The head pain could be taking precedence. She did wake up hungry last night and wanted a snack (typical of most steroid kids, but she hasn't done it in a while). So we gave her a little midnight snack....which meant Jerad had to set his alarm for two hours later because her 6-MP is given two hours after her last food for the day. (he is our designated 6mp giver, I do the rest) Jerad was gone every night this week working which also led to a long week for everyone. I am ready for the weekend and ready for my girl to feel better. I guess if she doesn't feel better by tomorrow afternoon I will call down to the clinic. Of course I am still consumed with worry and I think I forgot how much it takes out of me. I am not functioning at a very high capacity right now. It wears me out and things start to crumble around me. And then how quickly I can remember the worried feeling and inability to sleep at night. So keep praying. I do have an update from Kathy Hart on when the story with Ally will be on TV. The story is for a group called Moms 4 Miracles, with Sallie Taylor (formerly a news reporter) leading the group. These ladies are great and they are having a big golf outing/derby day at Yankee Trace on May 7th to raise money for LLS. The story is scheduled to air Wednesday night, April 27th on Fox45 at 10 and ABC22 at 11. It will air the next morning, as well. I will let you know if anything changes. I will also try to get an online link. I also heard the story was in the Dayton Daily News today (Neighbors) but only for Centerville/Wash Twp/Oakwood. If someone has a copy I would love to have one for Ally's Memory Box!!!

Here is Ally with the ladies at the Man/Woman of the Year Kick Off. One of the ladies is also the wife of Dr Dole (one of Ally's oncologists) We are grateful to them for taking the fundraising so seriously and doing this in her honor. They have been so nice to Ally...checking in with us often.

3 comments:

  1. Janel,
    I am praying for you and precious Ally, as well as the rest of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will definitely up the prayers. So sorry about the headaches. How miserable. I'm here if you need me. Please don't hesitate to call.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there, prayers are coming at a double rate.

    ReplyDelete