Monday, February 21, 2011

Tough Times

We have been having some really tough times around here. Evan and Carly have been sick for the better part of a week. They both had fever and a really bad croupy sounding cough. Actually, Evan has been sick four times since the beginning of the year. It makes me worry....even a seasoned veteran parent of a child with a long term illness can get worried. It just doesn't seem right to me. He does spend a lot of time wiggling his front tooth that is very loose. When he is at school, that just means germs...in his mouth. He seems to be getting better, but is still complaining about the ear infection he had two weeks ago.

Carly seemed to be doing better until today when she literally started screaming for 4 hours straight. Begging me to go to the doctor. We were at a movie at the time it hit. We ended up having to leave the movie and I took her straight to the doctor. Screaming. She has a double ear infection. She also had to have both ears flushed out as they were impacted. She doesn't even like it when you get a drop of water in her ears at bathtime. Holy cow. I swear I have never seen any of my kids in the type of screaming pain she was in today. Pain that won't go away. It was awful.

And Ally...she has been my trooper. Until tonight. Her fever just hit 100.1. At 101 we go to the ER. She gets hot because of her steroids. She hasn't been sleeping (also steroids). But I have a feeling that she is getting the virus now too. Poor girl. Except for her little body it is much harder to recover and also means port access, daily IV antibiotics, etc. Hoping you will say a prayer for her.

And my dog? That's a story for a different day. Because it is also making me sad and we don't have much time left.

I think we might have to reinstitute the bubble that we were in last year.
Or I may have to check myself into a psychiatric unit because I am just sitting right on the edge....

Will update tomorrow on what happens with Ally.

4 comments:

  1. Holy cow - - didn't read the blog yet today and sent you a message earlier on your facebook about a comedian coming to Beavercreek this weekend that is my favorite - - and now I'm even more convinced that you need to go!!!! I am saying lots of prayers for the chaos to stop and little Carly - - extra prayers for you this week!!! Sending strength in bucket loads!!!
    ~ Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri Barnett ShumakerFebruary 22, 2011 at 8:21 AM

    Sending prayers and Love to you all, including the dog of course! Hope it gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know i'm with you everyday in prayer. You are always in my heart and i know you will find the strength to get through this, I just so wish you didn't have to. Take care my sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to read about the illness. Winter will soon be a memory. Think happy thoughts about grass, flowers, bike rides and going out for ice cream -- oh, and Sedona! I will certainly pray for everyone to be healthy. Puppy, too!

    ReplyDelete