Monday, July 25, 2011

Curesearch Walk Sign-Up

Hello Ally's Army. A short time ago I mentioned a walk that we are going to be doing in honor of Ally. It is called the Curesearch Walk. Unless you are a victim of childhood cancer, you have probably never heard of Curesearch. The truth is that this organization is the reason that my daughter is alive today. They are first and foremost doing research for CHILDHOOD cancer and developing the protocols for the medicine that Ally has taken.

CureSearch for Children’s Cancer is a national non-profit foundation which funds the lifesaving, collaborative research of the Children’s Oncology Group (COG), the world’s largest, cooperative children’s cancer research entity. Money raised supports bench-to-bedside research which includes developing studies, enrolling and treating patients and interpreting the results of the clinical trials.

The COG study is the one that Ally participated in. And the ones before her are the studies that developed the protocol that helped to save her. Many many kids who have gone before her, paved the way with these studies. Likewise, her study has paved the way for those to be diagnosed down the road.

This is the organization that her doctors and nurses are involved with and they are all in support of this walk and will be there! As will all of Ally's friends from the hospital. They made a short video that includes many of Ally's friends (and Ally!) who you may have heard me speak of over the last two years. These are not nationwide people...but local people battling cancer. Bonnie, Amanda, Kayleigh, Jackie...just to name a few. Ally is at about the 2 min mark. Here is the video....and these are the reasons we walk:





Please consider walking with us.

You can sign up to walk here on my webpage:
http://www.curesearchwalk.org/dayton/allysarmy

Eastwood Park
September 17 2011
Registration / Check - in
9/17/2011 8:30 am - 9:30 am
Opening Ceremony / Walk Begins
9/17/2011 9:30 am - 12:30 pm

If you can't walk, you can also just donate to our cause. I would love for Ally's Army to stand behind this organization so near to my heart.

Chemo day is Thursday this week. I will post more later. I think I can count on one hand the number she has left, but I am still not letting myself go there.

Congrats to Miss Bonnie Noj who had her last chemo today. Ally has been right behind her the whole time. Same diagnosis and treatment plan. And her Mom has helped me through.....I couldn't be happier to have one less child going to bed tonight without a dose of chemo.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! what a powerful video. It was great to see the faces behind the names that you have talked about during Ally's journey. My prayers are with you today for her chemo, one of the last, which in itself is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another time that I wished we lived closer. Sorry to miss it. Thanks for the video. My favorite part is "Ally, In Remission." Hope chemo day went well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, my thoughts and prayers are always with you. Thanks for sharing that video and together, we will cure this cancer. You have come so far, congrats on a job well done!! I have learned so much from all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful video. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete