Monday, December 12, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like.....


CHRISTMAS!
Visit with Santa 2011
We are pretty excited about Christmas coming this year.  The last few Christmases we kinda "got by" so we are trying to really go with it this year!  I am trying to be extra prepared, but even so I still feel behind.  My blog has suffered as a result!  I love looking at this picture with Santa.  For one, this is the first time that Carly ever sat on Santa's lap without screaming her head off.  (she did have a minor cry after she got done....I think the stress of it got to her).  But secondly, LOOK AT MY GIRL!  I love seeing Ally smiling and vibrant and happy.  She is back to being her normal goofy self...a side of her that I have not seen in over two and half years.  I don't think we really realized how much the steroids were bringing her down (moodwise) and so now when she gets laughing and being goofy it just makes me all that more happy!  And Evan, well Evan actually had strep throat in this picture...we didn't know it at the time, but 'tis true.  So now we are just hoping that Ally and Carly don't come down with it.  Especially with all of the holiday celebrating coming up and also because a fever still means a mandatory hospital visit and IV antibitiotics for Ally.  I am crossing my fingers.  We only have to make it 16 more days and then that rule will not apply.  They have scheduled Ally's surgery to have her port removed.  It will be done on December 28.  This will be a good time since she is off school and can just take it easy.  They will also be doing a bone marrow aspiration on her. 

Ally has become one busy girl this year.  She wants to do everything and who am I to tell her no.  So I do my best to get her everywhere and let her do as much as possible even if it runs the rest of us ragged.  She currently takes piano lessons, does Tae Kwon Do twice a week, is on Student Council and Girl Scouts after school.  She also takes a religion class twice a month, on top of regular Sunday school classes every week!  I just signed her up for a winter basketball league too.  Dr B wanted her to do something physical so she wouldn't have to do physical therapy...so we just took care of that. 

We are truly counting our blessings this holiday season.  And wish the best to you and yours. 

2 comments:

  1. What a great picture! Ally is looking so grown up too. Hope this is a wonderful Christmas for you all, you deserve the best!
    Enjoy being a crazy, busy, carpooling, kid-toting, normal mom...it's been a long time coming.
    Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome picture. I love seeing all of the kiddlings so happy and excited...especially Ally!
    XOXOXOXO!

    ReplyDelete